Location: London, with flexibility to work from home.
About Financial Reporting
Financial Reporting is a growing function within SRG for the purpose of enhancing financial reporting through the production of quality finance data and financial reports. Achieved by ensuring accurate recording of financial information first time, robust controls and continuously exploring potential improvement of finance processes.
About the Role
This is an exciting position to provide support to a Pillar with multiple entities within our Group. It is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop their accounting skills and broaden their knowledge of accounting processes as part of a successful team in an expanding Group.
This role will primarily be focused on reconciliations and month end routines, utilising existing tools.
- Involvement in preparation of monthly management accounts and statutory accounts for year end
- Liaise with the external auditors, ensuring requests and timelines are completed on time
- Respond to financial accounting queries from across the Group
- Lead balance sheet control across the Group, ensuring all reconciliations are complete
- Cashbook reconciliation including posting cashbook entries
- Process invoices onto the bank platform for payment approval
- Review of invoice coding to ensure correct allocation to various cost centres
- Calculate and post payroll, accrual, prepayment and fixed assets month end journals
- Support in the preparation of VAT return for the group • Support the wider finance group with projects and transformation work
- You will have experience performing reconciliations, month end close routines, coding invoices and calculating and posting month end journals.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word skills are essential.
- You will be a confident written and verbal communicator with the ability to build relationships with the wider finance team • You will be seeking the opportunity to work in an up and coming, dynamic and changing environment
- Experience in the insurance industry, ideally within a broker, insurer or MGA, in a finance team will be an added advantage
For more information on this role, please contact Holly McLaren - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit your C.V. and covering letter via email, stating which role you are interested in.