Business Unit: Group Portfolio Management
Reports to: Portfolio Manager
Location: Flexibility between home and office based in London
Closing date: 30th June
About Portfolio Management
‘Specialist Risk Group has established a Portfolio Management function to build on its strategic engagement with insurers by securing tactical and exclusive partnerships for segment and product development’
Portfolio Management, and an integrated placement strategy, play an effective role in managing our relationships with the insurance market, ultimately helping our clients, brokers and insurers alike as we grow our business over the coming years. Portfolio Management involves a group-wide approach to insurer partnerships, designed to create a strategic framework that will bring scale, leverage and cross-sale capabilities to SRG.
About the Role
This is an exciting, newly created position, which has been established to provide integral support and assistance within our Portfolio Management function. It is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop their skills and broaden their knowledge of business development and insurer relations, as part of a successful team in an expanding Group.
This role will primarily be focused on Portfolio Management activities within our Retail business, however, there will be a requirement for frequent interaction and support provision to all Business Units within the Group (UK & Ireland wholesale, International wholesale and Underwriting).
- To develop and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders in our Business Unit(s) and to provide support under guidance to other members of the Portfolio Management team
- Working with our MI team in the collation, understanding, reconciliation and interpretation of our Insurer placement data and creating management information from this on a regular monthly and ad-hoc basis.
- Liaison with your counterpart within our key insurer partners on a regular basis to aid provision and understanding of MI data
- Helping to devise, manage and co-ordinate our business plans and objectives with our key insurer partners
- Preparation and co-ordination of all key insurer trading review meetings, provision of action points and execution of follow-up
- Day-to-day oversight and management of all Group retail placement facilities
- Managing the communication of news and other general information following key insurer meetings
- Provision of administrative assistance and liaison in relation to governance and compliance of key insurer strategic contracts / agreements
- Act as a central contact point and assist our Business Units with any escalation issues that require insurer negotiation or involvement
- Ensuring all internal systems and documentation are kept updated and maintained)
- You will have experience working in the insurance industry, ideally within a broker, insurer or MGA, in a business development / relationship management capacity
- You will be a confident written and verbal communicator with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- You will have experience working with Microsoft Excel (at an advanced level) and database systems and understand the importance of keeping documentation and systems up to date
- You will have completed or made progress in ACII or other insurance industry qualifications
- You will understand and adhere to FCA regulation and keep up to date with any changes
To apply for this role, please submit your C.V. and covering letter to the email below: