Location: London, with flexibility to work from home.
Who we are
SRG is an integrated group of insurance intermediaries arranging specialist insurance for corporates operating in the UK and internationally. The group serves over 18,000 end policyholders across multiple lines of business and specialises in creating solutions to challenging risk transfer questions. We have a strong track record of organic growth, complemented by an active acquisition strategy.
In December 2020, SRG announced a majority investment by HGGC. HGGC is a leading U.S.-based private equity firm with over £4.0 billion in cumulative capital commitments. As a result, we expect to increase our pace of acquisitions across the UK, Europe and Asia.
SRG has created a people first culture across the group which drives excellent colleague engagement. People and culture is the first element of our business plan. We are creating a workplace where we respect each other, work together to achieve our goals and we aim to be a Company we are proud to tell our friends and family about.
Overall purpose of the role
The Specialist Risk Group is seeking to hire an experienced project/programme manager with proven experience of delivering projects and overseeing programmes of work across IT and operations in a dynamic and acquisitive business.
- Creating a methodology for monitoring and reporting the progress and resourcing of programmes across the Group;
- Inputting into the annual planning of key projects and programmes of activity; • Combining the skills of a hands-on project manager for some projects to a Programme manager for others;
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of programmes/projects (including change requests), defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities;
- Ensure Steering Groups are managed and maintained;
- Programme managing the current IT transformation in the group, current focus on Wholesale Broking Platform consolidation;
- Project managing the integration of acquired business across the full spectrum of Ops, Finance, IT, Compliance, HR and Marketing;
- Preparing reports and updating stakeholders about our programmes and projects;
- Resolving issues with management and stakeholders;
- Identifying and monitoring risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect programmes/projects;
- Developing and managing budgets for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives;
- Confirming successful delivery at the programme/project completion.
We are looking for candidates who has:
- A proven track record of managing company integrations and the delivery of new IT platforms;
- At least 6 years experience of working in a similar function;
- In-depth knowledge of programme and project management methods and principles backed-up with a relevant qualification;
- Proven Insurance Experience;
- Exceptional leadership and organisational skills;
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes;
- Proficiency in various programme/project management software, including Smartsheet, Project etc;
- Ability to manage a team and a complex stakeholder manager matrix;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management skills.
For more information on this role, please contact Holly McLaren - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit your C.V. and covering letter via email, stating which role you are interested in.