Location: Flexibility between Home and Witham Office
About the Role
This is a new role that will join SRG’s MGA business, GB Underwriting to support their recent commercial growth. You will underwrite and administer Primary EL/PL, Contractors All Risks & Excess of Loss in accordance with underwriting authority and binder arrangements. You will also liaise with Insurers in the placement of other covers.
- Assess submissions from brokers and Underwrite New and Renewal businesses in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements, adhering to underwriting standards and good practice.
- Understand the terms and conditions of all relevant Binding Authority Agreements to always ensure full compliance.
- Undertake individual account reviews to discuss with underwriters and inform decisions
- Administration and accurate and proper documentation of all business transactions
- Establish, strengthen, and develop relationships with stakeholders including brokers, and colleagues.
- MTA, Renewal and new business processing
- Provide assistance to the Credit Controller and administrative teams where necessary.
- Experience in an Assistant Underwriter or Underwriting Assistant position, and have sound knowledge of Commercial Underwriting including Liability, Contractors All Risks and Excess of Loss.
- Understanding of class-specific underwriting
- Good knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements • Use of risk profiling, pricing tools and loss models
- Ability to analyse data and use it for decision making
- Exceptional attention to detail in checking and signing off policy documents and will be a confident written and verbal communicator with the ability to build relationships with colleagues and brokers alike.
For more information on this role, please contact Russel Brown - RB@gbunderwriting.com
To apply, please submit your C.V. and covering letter via email, stating which role you are interested in.